The Department of Speech Information Systems (SIS) at the Faculty of Informational Technologies and
Programming at ITMO University in St. Petersburg, Russia, with the support of Speech Technology Center
represents an innovative training program in the field of speech information technologies, specializing in the areas of speech recognition and synthesis, voice recognition, multimodal biometrics and system design
and soﬅware development.
Focusing on your needs, we can offer:
- Fundamental courses in master degree programs: training period – two years, upon completion of the program it is provided the defense of master’s thesis with conferring a master’s degree;
- Short-term topical webinars on specific areas in the field of speech technology;
- Full-time training and distance learning.
Main subjects of training courses and discussions:
- Forensic examination of voice phonograms (preparation of audio material to the investigation, speaker identification by voice and speech, authentication of phonograms, search of traces of analog and digital editing;
- Quick biometric search and automatic identification of individuals by facial biometric characteristics;
- Use of automated multi-biometric
Training is provided both in standard and customized programs. Individual programs take into account
characteristics of professional activity of the customer and solve their problems. The subjects and the
duration of individual programs are drawn up separately for specific training.
Depending on the needs of the customer, training can be performed both in Russian and in trainees’
language (English, French, Spanish, Arabic, Japanese). Practical exercises are conducted by using
Speech Technology Center equipment and with the participation of specialists of the company.