Cand. Sc. Tech. (Ph.D.)
Department of Speech Information Systems,
National Research University of Information Technologies, Mechanics and Optics (University ITMO)
15, Frunze str.,
St. Petersburg, Russia, 196135
4 Krasutskogo str.,
St. Petersburg, Russia, 196084
Office: +7 812 325 8848 ext. 6742
- Cand. Sc. Tech. (Ph.D.): 12.1984 (Leningradsky Electrotechnical Institute (LETI), Technical Cybernetics), thesis “Investigation and development of adaptive spectral processing algorithms of broadband processes”
- Engineer(M.Sc.): 03.1976 (LETI, Optoelectronics), graduation work “Distant Pyrometry under Real Conditions”
- 1970-1976: Student of the Leningradsky Electrotechnical Institute (LETI), Faculty of Electronic Engineering, specialty: optoelectronics
- 2011 — Lecturer, Department of Speech Information Systems, University ITMO
- 2011 — Senior Researcher, STC-innovations, St. Petersburg, Russia
- 1997 — Senior Researcher, Speech Technology Center Ltd, St. Petersburg, Russia: Development of programs and devices for speech enhancement and noise cancellation.
- 1996-1997 Head of Marketing Division, ECO-Marketing Ltd, St. Petersburg, Russia: Development and sale of environmental services
- 1994-1996 Deputy Director, ROUD Ltd, St. Petersburg, Russia: Development and sale of medical equipment (Doppler).
- 1984-94 Senior researcher, University LETI: Development of technical vision systems and adaptive optics
- 1984 PhD-student, University LETI
- 1981-84 Scientific researcher, LETI: development of digital signal processing algorithms
- 1976-81 Engineer, Scientific-Researcher LETI: development of systems for distant pyrometry
- 56 refereed journal papers, refereed conference papers, other scientific papers
- 19 patents
- Chief of Speech Enhancement and Noise cancellation group of the Science and Engineering Board, Speech Technology Center, Ltd, St. Petersburg, Russia, 2008—
Major research projects
- 1998 Speech Interactive System (SIS)
- 1999 Cinderella 2000 (noise cancellation device)
- 2001 Sound Cleaner (noise cancellation and speech enhancement real-time algorithms)
- 2002 Denoiser box (compact device for noise cancellation and speech enhancement)
- 2003 Denoiser Mobile (noise cancellation algorithms for mobile devices)
- 2004-2005 Algorithms for forensic investigation of audio recordings
- 2006 Cinderella-micro (noise cancellation device)
- 2006 Formant tracking algorithm
- 2007-2008 Real-time speech dereverberation algorithms
- 2010 ANF II (professional noise cancellation automatic device)
- 2011 NoiseFilter SDK (Software Development Kit for noise cancellation and speech enhancement)
- 2012 Sound Cleaner II (New algorithms for noise cancellation and speech enhancement)
- Bimodal (voice+face) biometrics system (Skolkovo Foundation, 11-13)
- Speaker identification in reverberant environments (government contract, 09-11)
- Speaker identification over different communication channels (government contract, 09-10)
- Identification of drug-intoxicated speakers (government contract, 08-09)
- M. Stolbov, “Algorithm of signal-to-noise estimation of speech signals “, scientific and technical journal of Information Technologies, Mechanics and Optics, 82(6), Nov.-Dec. 2012, pp.67-71 (rus).
- S. Aleinik, M. Stolbov “Audiodevices acoustic noise suppression using asynchronous reference signal”, Izv. VUZOV, Priborostroenie. 2013, 56 (2), pp. 11-17 (rus).
Refereed conference papers:
- M. Stolbov, P. Ignatov, “Speech Enhancement Technique for Low SNR Recording”, Proc. of 42-th Int. Conf. AES Audio Forensics, USA, 2012, pp.23-28.
- P. Ignatov, M. Stolbov, S. Aleinik, “Semi-Automated Technique for Noisy Recording Enhancement Using an Independent Reference Recording”, Proc. of 42-th Int. Conf. AES Audio Forensics, USA, 2012, pp.57-64.